Thursday, November 5, 2009

Addicted to the Net

Phew!!

It was real torture! These past 4 days. The broadband Internet connection to my office and home were out of order and life was in a real chaos.

The contractors for the local municipal corporation have been digging up the street sides for a sewerage project. These guys had pulled out underground the telephone cables leaving the lines dead for the better part of last week up to today.

Sure, my emergency work was not held up thanks to my numerous friends around town who let me use their connection when necessary, but all casual activities had come to a standstill. These 4 days made me realize how the net has become a part of my daily life. Communication, entertainment, recreation, development, social networking etc.

I used to laugh when people used to say they miss the net and the last 4 days have made me realize what they meant.

No comments: