Thursday, February 22, 2007

Development of a Portal

I have been working on web-sites for more than 5 years now. I have developed several dynamic and static web sites hosted on the Internet and on intranets. I have always enjoyed the experience of delivering information to people in distant locations on the click of a mouse.

All the sites done so far were for clients - on order - where neither the nature of content nor its quality and quantity were in my control. But, leading the development of our own web-site - an intended portal in the long run - is a different experience altogether. There is so much that can be done with web-sites.

I think, I shall start a new blog to publish my experiences in this line of work.

Meanwhile, my team have started gearing up the site for the upcoming Cricket World Cup 2007 schedule to start in March 2007 in the West Indies. The list of teams and schedule is already up. We are waiting for the teams to be announced.

We hope to provide easy to access, rich, cross-linked reporting on the event.

No comments: