Friday, February 2, 2007

I have completed my first paid writing job

Writing has always fascinated me. I have always been impressed by people whose work has been published. I have been regularly trying my hand at writing and have been published several times. All of the writing work that I have done so far has been for free.
Let me try to list out the different types of writting works that I have done so far. I have...
  • Done translation work for a local newspaper - translating articles and news from English to Hindi and vice-versa.
  • Written technical articles on the Internet.
  • Done ghost writing
  • Written and published my own book - titled "Community Based Rehabilitation - An Introduction" - in Hindi.
I have nurtured the love for writing for quite sometime now.
Last week was different. It was the first time I did freelance writing work for which the writing fees were negotiated and finalized before the work was started. Though the amount was not much - still it is important because it was the first time I had taken up an assignment for writing on a commercial basis.
The work was a small one page article for a local business who wanted copy a brochure that he wants to get printed. The work has been duly completed, submitted and submitted. I can attribute part of my confidence in taking up this assignment to this blog. It has given me an opportunity to write out to my heart's content and get over the mental block.
I now await the payment and hope I get it before the excitement for it subsides.
I am really excited and looking out for more such assignments.

No comments: