I would like to dedicate this blog entry to all those who wished me luck in resolving the problem I had got myself into last time. (See previous post for details.)
The issue has been resolved. The web-site is up and running fine. The new feature that was the source of the problem is also up and working as planned and anticipated on the drawing board. In fact, now I am in a position where I would say that the error was a blessing in disguise. But for the problem, I would not have explored and research ASP.NET, the development platform used, to the extent I did, at least not in the near foreseeable future.
Once again thanks to all my well-wishers.