Saturday, December 9, 2006

Blog Surfing - My Favorite Pastime

I did some blog-surfing today.

It is one of my favorite pastimes - one that I indulge in quite often. Whenever I have some spare time I simply open search on www.blogger.com and jump on to the first random blog. From there on I start clicking on the link on the top line of the blog. Sometimes, I do come across blogs that do have there top lines. In such cases, I use the browsers back button to go to the previous blog and select again. I would like to add here that I wish people would not remove the top line and also that I do not like bloggers who have removed the top line.

These trips are very interesting and informative. I come across all kinds of blogs. Sure, they are of all types. Flashy! Simple! Catchy! Interesting! Boring! Obviously fictitious! Simply True! Repetitive! Commercial! Innovative! I think you can always find enough variety to fit all the adjectives one can think of. Many-a-times I also come across languages that I am unable to make head or tail of, still I enjoy.

Today, was more significant because it was the first time since I have created my own blog. I found that my way of looking and evaluating a blog had changed. You can say that I was biased today.

I could feel myself comparing most of the blogs to my own. I was giving more time to some personal blogs. One specially caught my interest. It personal blog was by a young lady who had posted some nice articles and some cute photographs that she had clicked herself. There was a ring of truth and homeliness in the content. I could not stop myself from complimenting her.

Yes! This was the first time I commented on a posting. Earlier, I always refrained from commenting. Now that I have set up my own blog, I realize how much a blogger looks forward to feedback – good or bad – reaction is always welcome.

All in all, it was an excellent trip and I enjoyed it as always. If you haven't given it a try, you must. I am sure you will find something that you will cherish.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool! I did not know somebody could love writing so much!